Introduction To Power Point Presentation
Objective : The students should be able to
i. state the steps to launch PowerPoint presentation
ii. state the function of menu bar and toolbars
iii. create a blank slide presentation
iv. use WordArt
v. insert picture
vi. insert custom animation
vii. save the presentation
viii. close and exit the presentation
Knowledge and Skills :
i. Launch Power Point 2003 software.
ii. Insert WordArt, picture and custom animation.
iii. Save a file.
iv. Close and exit presentation.
Launch the Power Point Presentation
1. Click Start, All Programs and Microsoft Office.
2. Choose Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003.
3. A screen as below will be displayed.
4. The display is the interface of Power Point Presentation.
5. There are Menu bar and Toolbars on the top of the window
1. On the drawing toolbar, click WordArt
2. Select any ‘WordArt’ style.
3. The WordArt Gallery dialog box appears.
4. When Edit WordArt Text dialog box appears, type the word Myself and click OK as shown below.
1.Click Insert on the Menu bar, then select Picture from Clipart or Files where your pictures are saved
2.Move the picture anywhere you like on the slide. You may see an example below.
Insert Custom Animation
1.Click Slide Show on the Menu bar and select Custom Animation.
2.The Custom Animation Task Pane appears on the right of the window.
3.Click on the word Myself then click Add Effect on the task pane.
4.Select Entrance from the drop down menu and select any effects such as Checkerboard, Fly In and others.
5.You may modify the effects; start, the speed and direction by clicking the drop down buttons.
6.Click on the picture and then click Add Effect on the task pane.
7.Select Emphasis from the drop down menu and select any effects such as Grow/Shrink, Spin or more effects.
8.You may modify the effects; start, the speed and amount by clicking the drop down buttons.
9.Save your presentation as Myself in My Document.
10.Close and exit your presentation.